What We Believe
At New Life Christian Fellowship, we choose to build our ministry upon the foundation of the Bible, God’s Holy Word. Drawing from this foundation, we make the following statement of faith:
- Regarding God – There is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4) who has revealed Himself in three persons (Matthew 28:19): God the Father (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30), God the Son (John 1:14), and God the Holy Spirit (John 14:16). He is eternal (Psalm 90:1-4) and sovereign (Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28).
- Regarding Mankind – All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23; 6:23). Therefore, all people are in need of a Savior. In its natural state, our hearts are wicked and needy (Jeremiah 17:9).
- Regarding Scripture – The Bible is authoritative (Hebrews 4:12), inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and defines for us right and wrong (Hebrews 5:14).
- Regarding Salvation – Salvation belongs to the Lord. God offers salvation to us as a free gift (Ephesians 2:8-9). Salvation begins at conversion when one expresses belief in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9-13), confesses their sins to God (1 John 1:9), and repents of their sins (Acts 2:38; 3:19). There is but one way to receive salvation: through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
- Regarding the Sanctity of Life – Every life is important because God created it (Jeremiah 1:5). Every person is created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). Life begins at conception (Psalm 139:13). God determines the number of our days (Psalm 139:16; Job 14:5).
- Regarding Marriage – God designed marriage and we have no right to change His design (Genesis 2:18-25). Marriage is to be between a man and a woman and is to last a lifetime (Matthew 19:1-6). God created marriage for the purposes of companionship (Genesis 2:18), procreation (Genesis 1:28), sanctification (Luke 9:23-24; 1 Corinthians 7:14), and to illustrate Christ’s love for the church (Ephesians 5:25).